Fauquier Springs' Open House and Tasting event last weekend was a fabulous success. Excited couples had the opportunity to not only taste some yummy Legends Catering culinary delights, but to meet with some local wedding experts and discuss their wedding visions.
The Girls from Main Street is the planning and design division of Main Street Weddings, a resource and blog for planning a Virginia Wedding. Their team has a nice versatile mix of planning, floral, and design skills that can help create the right feel for a wedding, whether rustic or contemporary, whether large or small. They created quite the buzz at our open house with their elegant tablescapes, and especially their sparkling and elegant sweetheart table.
I chatted with Jessica Brose, owner and lead planner at Girls from Main Street, about the importance of a beautiful sweetheart table. “Sweetheart tables are always my favorite reception detail. We always encourage our couples to put thought into how they want this table to look. It is going to be one of the most photographed table details at the reception, second only to the cake table – which is also fun to design,” explained Jessica.
“My suggestion for our couples is to showcase a linen at this table that is not only unique, but cohesive to the reception design. While the bride’s bouquet generally serves as the perfect centerpiece for this table, candlelight is always a must. This is your first dinner together as husband and wife, make it romantic! If your bouquet is super elaborate, it could best be displayed on the floor at the base of the table – and then add some greenery/garland to intertwine with the candlelight. If the bride adores farm tables and wooden chairs but it isn’t in the budget to outfit the space, just rent these items for your special table! Into glitz and sequins and gold chivari chairs but this look is out of reach for the entire reception hall? Use the basics for the guest tables and dress up the tables that will be photographed the most,” Brose advised.
Still unsure of whether you’d like to utilize a sweetheart table instead of a traditional head table that seats the entire bridal party? Here are just a few benefits of embracing this trend, according to Jessica Brose and her awesome team.
- You won’t have to worry about your bridal party’s dates or children being lonely at a different table.
- If you’re considering including dates and children into the head table, the length of the number of guests may exceed the space allotted for this style. Also, keep in mind the non-bridal party members may not be uniformed in bridal party table appropriate attire. You may look back on pictures from your wedding and wonder why your Maid of Honor’s boyfriend of the moment decided a plain white-t was appropriate.
- Alone time! Kinda sorta. Guests will likely approach you with congrats during dinner but for the most part you can tell each other about the craziness they missed that morning while preparations were underway.
- Cost effective to design and decorate compared to a long head table
- An opportunity to really show off your style